07 May 2009

the final lap....

well folks, it seems we're on the final lap of this race: the hall bath. i left you with demo, now i bring you tile. floor tile at least. here we go...

black hexagonal tile. it's something i've been dreaming of for a long time. i don't know why i love it so much, but i do. and now i have it. first sheet going in. it was harder than it looks, but as always robby rocked through it. 
Photobucket

Photobucket

it's the small things people... like arranging the cut tiles by size. (largest to smallest)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

grout night.... there was literally a funnel cloud overhead. seriously: a tornado warning. funnel cloud spotted near our house. and robby just ignored it. 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and a backyard update... grass is growing! 
Photobucket

and the other things we finally got planted are flourishing as well. we love the fig tree our dear friend dawn gave us. it only took 9 months to get it in the ground, but it's alive! 
Photobucket

and new plants along the side of the house... 
Photobucket

we're alllllmost there. soon enough we will be. we can see the finish line very clearly! 

3 comments:

Beth said...

That floor is gorgeous!! Robby has a lot of patience! And your yard and plants are looking really good!!

Allison said...

Rebecca-

I just recently discovered your blog(s), and I've already made my way through your archives! I have said I had no interest in buying a fixer-upper, but your blog may just change my mind. Oh, and your portraits are so yummy it makes me wish I had kids for you to photograph!

Keep up the good work,

Allison

Danielle Anthony said...

yummy tile. I know an interior decorator/renovator who did a HUGE kitchen job with black tile and the client insisted on WHITE grout. gross. so kudos, for going with a dark grout. I heart your new bath. can't wait to visit IT and the zen porch. margaritas welcome.